If you’ve had trouble choosing what remote access tool is best for your company then look no further than Splashtop Business. It’s Simple, Fast & Secure. The best part? It integrates with KACE! Lets see how we can do that below.
- Once you’ve purchased Splashtop, Install your Splashtop Business Application on the Machines you wish to Remote from.
- Install the Splashtop Streamer (Client) on your machines which you would like to Remote onto, you can find more information here.
- Now that you’ve installed Splashtop make sure that KACE can find Splashtop in the Software Category.
- Let’s create a Custom Inventory Field to Pull the Information we need.
Go to Inventory > Software > Choose Action > New.
Name : CIFSplashtopAction
Custom Inventory Rule : RegistryValueReturn(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Splashtop Inc.\Splashtop Remote Server, SUUID, REG_SZ)
- Click Save.
- Force Inventory or wait for your KACE Agent to Check in with your KACE Box so we can see the Custom Inventory Field populated.
- Let’s create the Device Action. Go to Settings > General Settings > Device Actions Name: Splashtop Action Action: Custom action… Command Line: “C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Splashtop\\Splashtop Remote\\Client for STB\\clientoobe.exe” -a “st-business://[email protected]&uuid”=”KACE_CUSTOM_INVENTORY_CIFSPLASHTOPACTION” Replace ‘[email protected]’ with your Splashtop Business Account which you login.
- Now you will be able to access your Devices through KACE Inventory via Device Actions using Splashtop Business.
- It will now prompt you for your username and password.
Congratulations, you’ve now configured Splashtop Business with KACE.
Check out our other posts here.